Garenoxacin is a quinolone antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. It is a highly effective antibiotic used primarily to prevent the spread of bacteria. It works against key respiratory pathogens, including Hemophilusinfluenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus and Moraxella catarrhalis. (1) (2)
Efficacy at Treating Bacterial Infections
Garenoxacin serves a role as an antibacterial drug and a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It treats a variety of bacterial infections including respiratory tract infections such as tonsilitis and bronchitis. It is also beneficial in treating patients with chronic respiratory tract lesions. Furthermore, it is also used to treat infections in the urinary tract, nose, throat, and lungs, even in cases of pneumonia. (3)
Administration and Side Effects
Garenoxacin is administered in bacterial infections cases. It is also effective at treating infections in the tonsils, nose, sinus, throat and lungs. It works by blocking a bacterial enzyme called DNA-gyrase and kills the bacterial cells. Administration of Garenoxacin is as per the prescribed dosage. Emergency medical help should be sought in case of an incidence of overdose. (4) The significant side effects observed in Garenoxacin administration are:
- Stomach pain,
- Vomiting. (4)
Some rare symptoms which may occur are rash on the skin, redness of the skin, increased hunger, dizziness, fainting and breakouts of sweat. (3)
The use of Garenoxacin requires caution and strict adherence to the prescribed dosage and direction given by a medical professional. It may have unwarranted interactions if administered with certain foods, alcohol or other drugs. So, a carefully planned medicine therapy under a medical practitioner is advisable. (3)
- Seizure Disorders – Garenoxacin should be used with caution in patients with seizure disorders. Any aberrations should be reported, and dose adjustments, replacement with suitable alternatives, or corrective measures may be required.
- Kidney Impairment – Even patients with adverse kidney conditions should exercise precautions while taking the medication.
- Drug Resistance – drug administration should be done under medical prescription, post a diagnosis. It is done to avoid any toxicity or the development of drug-resistant bacteria.
- Diarrhoea – Excess to antibiotic therapy can lead to an imbalance in the normal microbial flora of the large intestine. A bacterium called Clostridium difficile may also result in diarrhoea if it perpetuates in the digestive tract.
- Dizziness – Sometimes, the arbitrary usage of the drug may cause drowsiness or dizziness in some patients. Driving a vehicle operating any machinery or performing a critical task should be avoided in such conditions.
- Pregnancy – The drug is not advised for pregnant women at all. If necessitated, it should be taken under medical prescription only.
- Lactation – The drug is not advisable for lactating mothers or infants. (3)
Anzen Exports: Significant Provider in the Healthcare Industry
One of the market leaders in the pharmaceutical industry in India, Anzen Exports is renowned for manufacturing high-quality Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, herbal extracts, nutraceutical ingredients as well as cosmetic ingredients. For more than three decades now, the strong management has drawn on its experience in the commercialization of pharmaceutical products, providing its expertise to the healthcare industry to forge successful partnerships as well as offering quality services to international markets.
Anzen Exports is vertically integrated into the healthcare industry. It works towards the common goal of providing the best services for the needs of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
For more details, visit www.anzen.co.in
Anzen Export’s blog posts have been written with the information gathered from approved medical journals and websites online. Our research and technical team strive to provide relevant information through such articles. To be best informed, we advise consulting a doctor about an ingredient or medicine before taking it.