Mirabegron is used to relax an overactive bladder, a condition in which the bladder muscles contract uncontrollably. It causes frequent urination, an urgent desire to pee, and an inability to regulate urination.
It is used by adults, either alone or in combination with solifenacin (Vesicare). It also treats neurogenic detrusor overactivity in children aged three and above. Mirabegron belongs to a family of medications known as beta-3 adrenergic agonists.
Administration of Mirabegron
Mirabegron is available as an extended-release (long-acting) tablet and an oral extended-release suspension. Adults should take the pills with or without food once a day. Children are advised to take them with food once a day. Here are a few points to keep in mind when you take the medication to ease your overactive bladder symptoms:
- Do not split, crush or chew the extended-release pills; swallow them whole with water.
- Use the oral dosing device to measure and take your extended-release solution dosage correctly.
- Shake the bottle for 1 minute. Set it aside for 1–2 minutes to remove the foam on top of the suspension.
- To draw up the suspension, use the oral dosage device and disregard any bubbles in your measurement.
- Do not store the dosage in the dosing syringe; use it within 1 hour after preparation.
- Wash the oral dosage device with mild soap after each use, then rinse with tap water and air dry. If the suspension is not used for two days or longer, shake the bottle for one minute before use.
Before you begin your medication, it is imperative to consider the following precautions:
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Mirabegron or other medication.
- Inform your doctor if you have/had a bladder outlet obstruction, high blood pressure, or renal or liver issues.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking Mirabegron even if you start feeling better. This medication only helps with reducing the symptoms and not the treatment.
- Take the medication regularly. Irregular intake intervals will not yield the desired results, and your symptoms will recur.
The side effects of Mirabegron are as follows:
- joint pain
- dry mouth
- back pain
If you experience the following side effects, report to your medical care provider immediately:
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
Anzen Exports: Improving the API industry
Anzen Exports is a merchant exporter that produces APIs and finished dosage formulations. With a group revenue of over USD 70 million, they have successfully delivered services to around 500 organisations in over 70 countries. With 32 years of experience in this industry, Anzen provides its clients with the best service.
The company has focused on developing high-quality goods and services for over three decades to save and enhance lives. The success of this dynamic brand is built on scientific competence and a diverse workforce that embraces cooperation.
For more details, visit www.anzen.co.in
Anzen Export’s blog posts have been written with information gathered from approved medical journals and websites online. Our research and technical team strive to provide relevant information through such articles. To be best informed, we advise consulting a doctor about an ingredient or medicine before taking it.